Our company motto has always been to give back and help where we can. As a small business we have been involved in many grassroots fundraisers and assisted countless of individuals going through hard times with donations for raffles and prizes. As well as being able to assist on a more personal level we support the Salvation Army on a regular basis and have donated over $300,000 worth of product to their stores since 2006.
We are proud to have supported The Wheen Bee Foundation, The Australian Marine Conservation Society and One Tree Planted for a number of years. We have recently aligned with a charity that strikes a deep chord with us as it focuses on an area that is core to our business – creating a home that makes you feel safe, valued and gives a sense of joy.
In Australia, domestic and family violence is the biggest social injustice that we are confronted with. It affects everyone - all races, religions, and social classes. Domestic violence is based on an imbalance of power and control. RizeUp’s programmes promote women’s independence and decision-making in public life and relationships, which is a key outcome to preventing domestic violence.
The RizeUp mission is to drive awareness of domestic and family violence within society by generating life-changing, practical support for the families affected, giving them the hope and empowerment to move on to a life free from violence.
A family fleeing from a violent household will often enter a refuge with nothing but the clothes on their backs. RizeUp have created various programs to support and empower these courageous families via specialist domestic and family violence organisations. When a family leaves a refuge, RizeUp furnish their new accommodation with everything they need to make it a home, so they can make a fresh start.
At Jones & Co we are committed to contributing to RizeUp through our online store in which we donate $1 from every sale. We also donate products from our collections to help enhance the new homes of women re-housed by RizeUp. Our donations help in these three programs;
- Rapid Response Program - RizeUp’s crisis program sources critical items required at a moments notice.
- Homes Program - RizeUp sets up and furnishes the homes sourced by specialist services to support clients moving on from domestic violence.
- Youth Enrichment Support Solutions - RizeUp supports the family by providing items of clothing for children to start at their new school.
Research that underpins the RizeUp programs demonstrates:
- one in three women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by someone known to them
- 61% of women had children in their care when the violence occurred
- When children are brought up in a house of violence, they have trouble connecting with friends and family and their future is significantly compromised
- Women and men are more likely to experience violence at the hand of men, with around 95% of all victims of violence in Australia reporting a male perpetrator.
For more information on RizeUp please visit : www.rizeup.com.au